On Thuesday 7th March 2017, IMSG’s students have had the opportunity to exchange with Anne Emery-Torracinta, director of the Department of public education, culture and sport at the Cercles de Dirigeants d’Entreprises (Companies leaders organization).
During this meeting, she expressed herself about her current administration subdivision, with her main action which is supporting and adding value to the training process in Geneva’s canton, whose action plan is declined in three major approaches:
1) Support instructors companies, be an incentive to the creation of learning process
- reinforce the support to new instructors companies
- cut administrative procedures down
- offer new education terms in harmony with companies needs
- adapt financial means of the Fondation en faveur de la formation professionnelle et continue (Foundation in favour of the professional and continual learning).
- take into account the learning criterion of apprentices about invitation to public tender
2) Intensify the efforts regarding the training process of the Small and Big State and also the subsidy entities
- provide a 4% quota of apprentices formed by the State
- provide a 4% quota of apprentices for the Great State
- tie some subsidies to the e-apprentice training
3) Promote professional learning through course choice and information
- make the course choice process better
- facilitate a direct access to dual learning through the Match Prof project
- create new pathway adapted to the needs of young people and the economy
- look for talented persons for professional training
- lead an awareness campaign targeting students, parents and teachers
Anne Emery-Torracinta also expressed herself about foreign student population, from which 80% stay in the Swiss territory at the end of their studies to join the Swiss employment market, and also about the success of HES-SO whose she supports the creation project despite a wide NO to Geneva’s referendum.