International Management School Geneva takes pride in delivering a high level of business management education through a variety of modern methodologies. These methodologies are integrated throughout the curriculum and prepare our students for professional life in the real business world.
PROBLEM BASED LEARNING (PBL)
Problem-Based Learning is a pedagogical approach and curriculum design methodology frequently used in high performance, higher education institutions. Some of the defining characteristics of PBL are:
- Learning is driven by challenging, open-ended problems with no one “right” answer.
- Problems/cases are context specific.
- Students work as self-directed, active investigators and problem-solvers in small collaborative groups.
- Teachers adopt the role as facilitators of learning, guiding the learning process and promoting an environment of inquiry. Rather than having a teacher provide facts and then testing students’ ability to recall these facts via memorization, PBL attempts to get students to apply knowledge to new situations.
We believe that PBL:
- Develops critical thinking and creative skills
- Improves problem-solving skills
- Increases motivation
- Helps students learn to transfer knowledge to new situations.
CASE STUDY METHOD
Several of our courses are taught based on harvard business school cases.
What is Case Method Teaching?
Case method teaching immerses students into realistic business situations. Cases provide the reality of managerial decision making — which includes incomplete information, time constraints, and conflicting goals — as students learn how to analyze business situations. The case method packs more experience into each hour of learning than any other instructional approach. It stimulates students’ thinking and encourages discussion. Several of our courses are taught based on Harvard Business School cases.
Some students may want to improve the foreign language they are going to study or work in. We support Language Training in English or French.
Blended Learning Methodology: Innovative on-line delivery, face-to-face time with a teacher, individually tailored lessons and monthly feedback.