On Tuesday 10thApril 2018, IMSG’s students had the privilege to meet and exchange with Mrs Anne Emery-Torracinta, State Councilor in charge of the Department of Public Education, Culture and Sport for the Canton of Geneva, at the the Company Leaders Circle.
On this occasion, the Council of State has carried out the assessment of her legislature since 2013, whose three public policies have converged towards the same goal: allow everyone to find their place and promote social cohesion. Five major issues have guided her actions:
- Aim for a certification for every young person and fight against school dropout to guarantee a future for everyone.
- Valuing vocational training to fight youth unemployment.
- Develop a more inclusive school to provide the best learning conditions for each student and learn to live better together.
- Strengthen the childhood and youth politics to enable everyone find their place in society.
- Support culture and sport to promote social cohesion.
Finally, Anne Emery-Torracinta answered many questions from members of the “Company Leaders Circle” and students from the International Management School Geneva.